(a) General. An applicant shall submit an application to the appropriate FDIC office on the date the notice required by § 303.44 is published, or within 5 days after the date of the last required publication.
(b) Content of filing. A complete letter application shall include the following information:
(1) A statement of intent to establish a branch, or to relocate the main office or a branch;
(2) The exact location of the proposed site including the street address. With regard to messenger services, specify the geographic area in which the services will be available. With regard to a mobile branch specify the community or communities in which the vehicle will operate and the manner in which it will be used;
(3) Details concerning any involvement in the proposal by an insider of the bank as defined in § 303.2(u), including any financial arrangements relating to fees, the acquisition of property, leasing of property, and construction contracts;
(4) A statement on the impact of the proposal on the human environment, including, information on compliance with local zoning laws and regulations and the effect on traffic patterns for purposes of complying with the applicable provisions of the NEPA and the FDIC Statement of Policy on NEPA (1 FDIC Law, Regulations, Related Acts 5185; see § 309.4 (a) and (b) of this chapter for availability);
(5) A statement as to whether or not the site is eligible for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places for purposes of complying with applicable provisions of the NHPA and the FDIC Statement of Policy on NHPA (1 FDIC Law, Regulations, Related Acts 5175; see § 309.4 (a) and (b) of this chapter for availability) including documentation of consultation with the State Historic Preservation Officer, as appropriate;
(6) Comments on any changes in services to be offered, the community to be served, or any other effect the proposal may have on the applicant's compliance with the CRA;
(7) A copy of each newspaper publication required by § 303.44 of this subpart, the name and address of the newspaper, and date of the publication;
(8) When an application is submitted to relocate the main office of the applicant from one state to another, a statement of the applicant's intent regarding retention of branches in the state where the main office exists prior to relocation.
(c) Undercapitalized institutions. Applications to establish a branch by applicants subject to section 38 of the FDI Act (12 U.S.C. 1831o) also should provide the information required by § 303.204. Applications pursuant to sections 38 and 18(d) of the FDI Act (12 U.S.C. 1831o and 1828(d)) may be filed concurrently or as a single application.
(d) Additional information. The FDIC may request additional information to complete processing.
Title 12 published on 2012-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.