(a) In recognition of the role of the States as the focal point for the management of water and related land resources, this part establishes guidelines for financial and program assistance to States for water management planning programs which address each State's particular needs, which are based on established State goals and objectives, and which take into consideration national goals and objectives.
(b) The purpose of the State Water Management Planning Program (Program) is to provide financial and program assistance to participating States to support the development and modification of comprehensive water management planning programs.
(c) Funds made available under this part shall be used to establish, develop or enhance existing or proposed State water resources management and planning programs that are designed to address pertinent State and national goals and objectives, as well as the goals and objectives of Title III of the Water Resources Planning Act (Act), Pub. L. 89-80, as amended, by addressing in the Program the following:
(1) Coordination of the program authorized by the Act and those related programs of other Federal agencies;
(2) Integration of water conservation with State water management planning;
(3) Integration of water quantity and water quality planning;
(4) Integration of ground and surface water planning;
(5) Planning for protection and management of groundwater supplies;
(6) Planning for protection and management of instream values; and
(7) Enhanced cooperation and coordination between Federal, regional State and local governmental entities involved in water and related land resources planning and management.
Title 18 published on 2012-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.