(a) FTA shall publish a Notice of Funding Availability in the Federal Register each fiscal year that funding is made available for the Clean Fuels program. The notice shall provide the criteria by which the eligible projects will be evaluated for selection and the Administrator's determination of the net Federal share for projects funded under this Part.
(b) The Administrator shall determine the criteria for selecting proposed projects for funding, which may include, but are not limited to the following factors:
(1) Whether the proposed project is a transportation control measure in an approved State Implementation Plan;
(2) The benefits of the proposed project in reducing transportation-related pollutants;
(3) Consistency with the recipient's fleet management plan;
(4) The applicant's ability to implement the project and facilities to maintain and fuel the proposed vehicles;
(5) The applicant's coordination of the proposed project with other public transportation entities or other related projects within the applicant's Metropolitan Planning Organization or the geographic region within which the proposed project will operate.
(6) The proposed project's ability to support emerging clean fuels technologies or advanced technologies for transit buses.
[72 FR 15053, Mar. 30, 2007]
Title 49 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.